Serenity Services / Service Area
Serenity Hospice Services offers the following services to improve the quality of life for all persons with a life-limiting illness through education, empowerment and symptom management:
- All levels of care: routine home care, in-patient care, respite care, and continuous care
- Routine home care is provided for patients whose symptoms are well managed in their home environment.
- In-patient care is provided in times of crisis when managing the patient’s emotional and physical symptoms in the home is not feasible. The Case Manager assesses each patient on an individual basis, and the Serenity Hospice team determines if in-patient care is appropriate.
- 24 hour respite care may be provided for up to five days to relieve caregivers of caregiving duties so that they may have a period of rest and relaxation.
- 24 hours cycles of continuous care may be provided in lieu of in-patient admission. Nursing care is provided for the management of the patient’s symptoms in the home environment. The case manager assesses each patient on an individual basis, and the Serenity Hospice team determines if continuous care is appropriate.
- On-call nurse 24 hours, 7 days a week for emergency support
- Registered Nurse visits
- Certified Nursing Assistant visits for personal care needs
- Medications for the relief of pain, and to ensure comfort
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Social Worker services
- Chaplain support
- Bereavement care
- In-patient and respite care, when necessary
- In-home continuous care support, when appropriate
- Pediatric services available
If you, or someone you know, may need hospice care, contact your doctor or Serenity Hospice Services directly. A hospice representative will arrange for a hospital or in-home visit to discuss your individual needs, and further explain the services available.
Our Service Area