WHEN IS IT TIME FOR HOSPICE CARE?
Does your loved one…
- Have difficulty chewing or swallowing?
- Fall frequently?
- Have a weight loss of more than 10% over a period of 4-6 months?
- Have a diagnosis of a life-threatening illness with a prognosis of less than 6 months?
- Experience pain, shortness of breath, nausea, or discomfort that is affecting their quality of life?
- Depend on caregivers to handle basic hygiene needs: toileting, bathing, dressing, feeding?
- Prefer to concentrate on quality of life rather than pursuing aggressive treatments?